Rape of Lucretia, Op.37 (chamber opera)Year: 1947
Pr. Instrument: Voice
- 1.Sc.1: Rome is Now Ruled by the Etruscan Upstart
- 2.Sc.1: It is an Axion Among Kings
- 3.Sc.1: Here the Thirsty Evening Has drunk the Wine of Light
- 4.Sc.1: Who Reaches Heaven First is the Best Philosopher
- 5.Sc.1: Maria was Unmasked at a Masked Ball
- 6.Sc.1: Collatinus is Politically Astute to Choose a Virtuous Wife
- 7.Sc.1: There Goes a Happy Man!
- 8.Sc.1: Tarquinius Does Not Dare
- 9.Sc.1: My Horse! My Horse!
- 10.Sc.2: Their Spinning-Wheel Unwinds
- 11.Sc.2: Listen! I Heard a Knock
- 12.Sc.2: Time Treads Upon the Hands of Women
- 13.Sc.2: The Oatmeal Slippers of Sleep Creep Through the City
- 1.Sc.1: The Prosperity of the Etruscans
- 2.Sc.1: She Sleeps as a Rose Upon the Night
- 3.Sc.1: Within this Frail Crucible of Light
- 4.Sc.1: Lucretia! What Do You Want? You!
- 5.Interlude: Here in this Scene You See Virtue Assailed by Sin
- 6.Sc.2: Oh! What a Lovely Day!
- 7.Sc.2: We'll Leave the Orchids for Lucretia to Arrange
- 8.Sc.2: Flowers Bring to Every Year the Same Perfection
- 9.Sc.2: You Were Right. Tarquinius Took One of the Horses
- 10.Sc.2: Lucretia! Lucretia!
- 11.Sc.2: Last Night Tarquinius Ravished Me
- 12.Sc.2: This Dead Hand Lets Fall All That My Heart Held When Full
- 13.Epilogue: Is it All?
Read work review at allmusic.com.