Sir Michael Tippett Composer
The Midsummer Marriage (opera)Performances: 2
The Midsummer Marriage (opera)Year: 1946-52
Pr. Instrument: Voice
- 1.This way! This way!
- 2.Stop! Stop! Stop!
- 3.Oh Mark, who are they?
- 4.Jenifer, Jenifer, my darling
- 5.Ha, ha, ha, ha
- 6.So you, so you - are Mark's fine brood of friends
- 7.Here I am, Sir, what can I do?
- 8.Jenifer!... Jenifer!... My daughter, Jenifer!
- 9.Is it so strange if I resent
- 10.You, you who were with me when she left me
- 11.See by a heavenly magic in this glass
- 1.In the summer season on the longest day of all
- 2.Jack, don't let's go with all the others
- 3.Dance 1: The Earth in Autumn
- 4.Dance 2: The Waters in Winter
- 5.Dance 3: The Air in Spring
- 6.Ah! They'll kill him!
- 1.O-Hay! O-Hay!
- 2.No! King Fisher summons you for Victory!
- 3.Now, Bella, call the Ancients
- 4.Do you accept my challenge?
- 5.I needn't tell Madame Sosostris
- 6.Sosostris's Aria: Who hopes to conjure with the world of dreams
- 7.I see a meadow, fragrant with flowers
- 8.Pride is virtue in a man of power
- 9.King Fisher's dead
- 10.Dance 4: Fire in Summer
- 11.Was it a vision?
Read work review at allmusic.com.